The annual magazine “Turismo Em” is a pioneering IPDT project, started in 2007. The 14 editions have exclusive content, presented in over 100 articles, produced by national and international experts of the tourism sector.
Tourism Trends Magazine
FEATURED TOPICS IN THE TOURISM MAGAZINE IN 2020
- How does the Portuguese Tourism Strategy 2027 respond to the challenges of covid-19?
- Portugal prepared to receive tourists with special needs?
- How is tourism using IoT?
- How to make tourism more sustainable?
- What is the role of tourism in local commerce?
- How to develop a creative tourism experience?
- Climate change: can tourism play a positive role?
ESPECIAL ISSUE: IPDT RESEARCH
- Analysis of the digital communication of Portuguese destinations.
- Solutions for tourism recovery in the post-covid-19.
- The contribution of tourism to employment in Portugal.
- Travel trends for 2020.
WORLDWIDE HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM THEMES (WHATT)
Since 2014, IPDT assumes the edition of the annual special issue on international tourism trends of the scientific magazine WHATT, edited by Professor Richard Teare.
This publication disseminates research and reflections of several specialists and academics in the area, presenting practical solutions to the main challenges of tourism.
Who you can read on WHATT 2020
- Luís Araújo – Turismo de Portugal
- John Bowen – University of Houston | Houston, USA
- Richard Butler – University of Strathclyde | Glasgow, Scotland
- Alfonso Vargas – University of Huelva | Spain
- Peter Tarlow – Tourism and More | Texas, USA
- Caroline Couret – Creative Tourism Network | Barcelona, Espanha
- Pedro Machado – Turismo do Centro de Portugal
- Francisco Calheiros – Confederação do Turismo de Portugal
- Carla Pinto Cardoso – Universidade Católica Portuguesa
- Paulo Rita – Universidade NOVA de Lisboa
E-BOOK | GUIDE FOR TOURISM RECOVERY
The “Guide for Tourism Recovery” is a document entirely dedicated to strategic and collaborative action that should guide the management of destinations in the short and long term, at a time when the responsible, ecological and equitable reconstruction of tourism, in Portugal and in the world, assumes an increasingly relevance.
This e-book combines the opinion of top managers from Portuguese municipalities with a thorough analysis of IPDT, of the impacts and changes in the behavior of tourists, as a result of the pandemic of COVID-19.
- When will we achieve the results recorded before the pandemic?
- How will be the tourist behaviour in 2020 and 2021
- What should tourism businesses change in their offer?
- What are the short-term intervention priorities?
- Who are the tourists of the future?
- How did Portugal managed the pandemic and what were the impacts on tourism?